At Phosphorus our mission is to extend and improve lives by making genomics a foundational part of everyone’s health and wellness journey. We are looking for an experienced Technical Product Manager who is passionate about building powerful data-driven software that has a meaningful impact. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy. You’ll work with engineers, researchers, team leads and other functions to define and manage the day-to-day process and execution of product development work.
As a Technical Product Manager, you will:
- Be accountable for the day-to-day process and execution of product development work as it relates to our genomics SaaS product.
- Develop understanding of user personas, map experiences, and work with engineers, designers and marketing members of the Phosphorus team in developing our software.
- Collaborate closely with engineering, operations, commercial marketing and product management within the business line to successfully deliver projects.
- Report directly to the CEO and work directly on integrating strategic decisions into the company's technical products.
- Highlight project blockers and risks and work with cross-functional teams to resolve them.
- Maintain a clear overview of project timelines and progress using task management tools. This will include providing timely updates on the status of projects to a cross-functional audience.
- Negotiate and manage various stakeholders to create transparency in the project roadmap and prioritization of work.
- 4+ years experience in technical project or program management roles
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Experience with Jira and Confluence (but are flexible in the tools you use based on the needs of the team)
- Experience with agile/scrum processes
- Deep familiarity with wire-framing and product design with a UI/UX focus
- Experience working for a startup or as an engineer a plus
- B.S. in an engineering or related field
- Experience gaining consensus using a collaborative approach, while still ensuring decisions are made.
- Proven ability to work directly with engineering, sales and product management teams to coordinate large scale projects.